If you didn't get it from the title, then you might not know its my birthday today 🙃
Looking back on this past year I have had some ups and downs, but also many achievements along the way.
Some of the achievements that I have achieved this past year are:
· Graduating from high school
· Being involved with YDAN the Youth Disability Advocacy Network, which a friend of mine was a part of.
· Published my work for the first time on for a business and being played for it
· Got a sports honours award from school, this was through my involvement in athletics.
· Being nominated for the Emmanuel award at my school. This is the award is awarded to a year 12 that has gone above and beyond for the school. I sadly wasn't awarded this award, but some else that was well deserving of the did.
· Getting to know a little bit more about the WA para's in athletics. The 2019/2020 Western Australian athletic season was the first season to come (hopefully) of more seated throwers in the sport. Before this it was only two people, myself as well as one of my old competing mates, Chris.
· Got my first coaching accreditation, I'm hoping to help to get more disabled people in the sport of athletics across WA.
I'm looking forward to the year ahead, with hopefully some exciting things ahead 🙂
If you like this blog please subscribe down below to receive Layne's latest blogs.